Recommended Decision and Order
Within twenty (20) days after the hearing, the administrative law judge will prepare a Recommended Decision and Order and send it to the Registrar of Contractors. The Recommended Decision and Order is generally set out in three parts:
Findings of Fact - These are the facts which the judge finds to be true based upon a preponderance of the evidence presented by the parties.
Conclusions of Law - These are the conclusions which the judge draws after applying the applicable law to the facts he or she has found to be true.
Recommended Order - This is the judge's recommendation to the Registrar regarding what action should be taken on the case based upon the Findings of Fact and Conclusions of law.
The judge may recommend one or a combination of the following:
- That the case be dismissed.
- That the case be closed.
- That the license be revoked.
- That the respondent's license be suspended for a predetermined period of time.
- That the respondent's license be suspended indefinitely.
- That the respondent's license be placed on probation.
- That the respondent pay a Civil Penalty.
- That the respondent be required to increase its contractor's license bond.
- That the respondent be required to post a separate disciplinary bond.
- That a respondent be required to do specified corrective work and/or pay a specific amount of money as restitution in order to avoid suspension or revocation of its license.