This list of insurance company phone numbers is for the claims division of the Insurance company that issued the license bond for the contractor license that you may have a judgment or claim against.
Accredited Surety & Casualty Co Inc 888-668-2791 or 407-629-4553
All American Insurance Co. 1-419-238-1010
Allstate Fire and Casualty Ins. Co. 847-402-5000
American Contractors Indemnity Co 800-486-6695 or 310-649-0990
American Fire and Casualty Co. 1-513-603-7400
Blue Stone Surety Company 843-720-8754
Bond Safeguard Company 1-630-495-9380
Capitol Indemnity Corporation 608-231-4450 or 608-829-4200
CBIC Insurance Company 800-765-2242 or 206-628-7200
The Cincinnati Casualty Co 513-870-2000
Continental Casualty Co. 1-312-822-5000
Developers Surety & Indemnity Co 800-782-1546 or 949-263-3300
The Fidelity & Deposit Co 888-320-9659 or 410-683-1970
Financial Pacific Insurance Co 916-630-3860 or 916-630-5000
Great American Ins. Co 1-513-369-5013
The Guarantee Co of North America USA 1-248-281-0281
The Hartford Fidelity & Bonding 888-266-3488 or 860-547-5000
Indemnity Co of California 1-714-263-3300
Insurance Co of North America 1-215-640-1000
Insurance Co of the West 800-252-3439 or 858-350-2400
Merchants Bonding Company 800-678-8171 or 515-243-8171
Mid-Century Insurance Co 1-323-932-3200
Nova Casualty Company 716-856-3722
The Ohio Casualty Ins. Co.1-513-867-3218
Old Republic Surety Company
Old Republic General Ins. Corp.
800-213-8230 or 262-797-2640
Pioneer General Insurance Co 303-758-8122
Platte River Insurance Company1-800-462-8135
RLI Insurance Company 623-412-1420 or 866-439-7003
Safeco Insurance Company 1-206-545-5000
St. Paul Fire and Marine Ins. Co. 1-651310-7911
State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. 1-309-766-2311
Travelers Casualty Ins. Co of America 800-447-0618 or 860-277-0111
United Fire and Casualty Co. 1-319-399-5700
Western National Mutual Insurance Company 800-862-6070
Western Surety Company 800-331-6053 or 605-336-0850


Also See: Recovery Fund How to Collect

When a contractor becomes licensed by the State of Arizona, the licensee must post a license bond ranging from $2,500 to $100,000. This money may be posted in the form of cash, a certificate of deposit or a surety bond. The first thing to do is to find out the type of bond held by the contractor and to make sure it has not already been exhausted.

If the contractor has posted a surety bond, the surety company has the right to pay a written claim prior to court action, but some will require you to get a judgment against the contractor and the surety company. To collect from a surety bond you must file a written claim with the surety company. If the surety company will not pay the claim, you will have to bring a lawsuit against both the contractor and the surety company. You may need to seek legal counsel for assistance in filing a lawsuit. The Registrar of Contractors does not participate in the preparation of your civil action to collect from a surety bond. We recommend that you review the statutes governing bonds and the recovery fund beginning with A.R.S. 32-1131. Copies of the ROC statutes are available at any of our offices or on this website.

If the contractor has posted a cash bond or a certificate of deposit, only the contractor has to be sued. You must send written notice to the Registrar of Contractors of any lawsuit you may file to collect from a contractor's cash bond or certificate of deposit. This will prevent the bond from being refunded to the contractor pending resolution of the claim. Civil judgments must specify that claim can be paid from the cash bond or certificate of deposit assigned to the Registrar of Contractors. If multiple judgments are received, cash bonds are disbursed in the order the judgements are received. It is possible that a contractor's bond could be depleted before you make recovery. It is always advisable to act promptly if a problem occurs.

Lawsuits against license bonds must be started within two years after the commission of the act on which the claim is based. If payment is made from a license bond, the contractor's license is automatically suspended by the operation of law until the full bond amount is replaced.