Arizona Registrar of Contractors

   Wednesday June 29, 2016 01:04 PM Contact FAQ Site Map  

Attention ROC Customers

AZ ROC Offices Closed on Mon., July 4, 2016 – In observance of Independence Day, the Flagstaff, Phoenix and Tucson Offices of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors will be closed on Mon., July 4th. We will reopen to again serve the public on Tues., July 5th at 8:00 am. Thank you.

Need to reach AZ ROC in general? Send all correspondence to: Arizona Registrar of Contractors, 1700 W Washington Street, Suite 105, Phoenix, AZ 85007-2812. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-692-9762 (1-877-MY-AZROC).

Make Sure You Are Eligible Before You File a Claim

In order to be deemed eligible for recovery from the Fund, you must submit documentation to demonstrate that you meet the following requirements:

  1. The contractor’s residential or dual license must have been suspended or revoked as a direct result of a formal complaint filed by you against the contractor’s license. (This requirement does not apply to civil Recovery Fund claims filed pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-1136.) A.R.S. § 32-1154.G.
  2. Prior to filing a claim with the Residential Contractors' Recovery Fund, you must first have filed a claim against the contractor’s license bond and received a final determination in regard to that claim. (Information of the contractor’s bond can be found on the Contractor Search page of our website. A.R.S. § 32-1154.G.
  3. The contractor must be a licensed residential contractor. A.R.S. § 32-1131.3.
  4. The claimant must be the owner of a class three residential property and have occupied, or intended to occupy, the residence at the time of the contract (or at the time the injury accrued) to be a “person injured” as defined by statute. A.R.S. § 32-1131.3.
  5. The contractor must have been licensed and in good standing with the Registrar of Contractors at the time of the contract. An award from the Recovery Fund shall not be available to persons injured by a residential contractor whose license was in an inactive, expired, cancelled, revoked, suspended or not issued status at the time of the contract. A.R.S. § 32-1132.A.
  6. The claim must be filed within the relevant two-year statute of limitations, as follows:.

    In an administrative Recovery Fund claim, the administrative complaint must be filed within two years of close of escrow or actual occupancy (whichever occurred first) of a new structure or completion of remodel/repair. A.R.S. § 32-1155.A.

    In a civil Recovery Fund claim, the civil complaint must be filed with the court within two years from the date of the commission of the act by the contractor that is the cause of the injury or two years from the date of occupancy. A.R.S. § 32-1136.A.

click menu tab again to hide menu
AZ.GOV - Arizona's
Official Website