Arizona Registrar of Contractors
Monday February 08, 2016 05:15 AM
Attention ROC Customers
AZ ROC Offices Closed on Mon., February 15, 2016 – In Observance of Presidents' Day, the Flagstaff, Phoenix and Tucson Offices of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors will be closed on Mon., Feb. 15th. We will reopen to again serve the public on Tues., Feb. 16th at 8:00 am. Thank you.
Need to reach AZ ROC in general? Send all correspondence to: Arizona Registrar of Contractors, 1700 W Washington Street, Suite 105, Phoenix, AZ 85007-2812. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-692-9762 (1-877-MY-AZROC).
Application Time Frames
R4-9-113 Application Process
- In accordance with the provisions of
A.R.S. §32-1122 an applicant for licensure shall submit a verified application on forms prescribed by the Registrar of Contractors.
For the purposes of
A.R.S. § 41-1073, the Registrar establishes the following time-frames for the issuance of a contractor license.
- Administrative completeness review time-frame: 40 calendar days
- Substantive review time-frame: 20 calendar days
- Overall agency time-frame: 60 calendar days
During the administrative completeness review time-frame the Registrar shall review an application for administrative completeness and either issue the license or mail a written notice of completeness or deficiencies within 40 days from the date of receipt. If deficiencies are found in the application, the Registrar shall mail the applicant a written notice containing a comprehensive list of the specific deficiencies. The 40-day time-frame for the Registrar to finish the review for completeness shall be suspended from the date the notice of deficiencies is mailed until the Registrar receives all requested information.
- During the substantive review time-frame the Registrar shall complete a substantive review of the applicant’s qualifications and grant, deny, or mail a final comprehensive notice of deficiencies within 20 days after expiration of the administrative completeness review time-frame. If the Registrar finds deficiencies during the substantive review of the application, the Registrar shall mail one final comprehensive request for additional information to the applicant. The 20 day time-frame for the Registrar to finish the substantive review shall be suspended from the date the request for additional information is mailed until the Registrar receives all requested information.
Compliance with the administrative completeness review, substantive review and overall time-frames:
- By mutual agreement, an applicant and the Registrar may agree to extend the substantive review and overall timeframes by 15 calendar days.
- The Registrar may return an application if it does not receive the information it requests during the administrative completeness review or substantive review periods within 30 calendar days from the date the registrar mailed the request for additional information. The return of a license application shall result in the forfeiture of the application fee, but all other license fees shall be returned to the applicant. An applicant shall pay an application fee each time it submits a returned license application.
For the purpose of this section, 1st class mail sent to the address on the application shall serve as legal notice.
- In computing any period of time prescribed or allowed by this section, the day of the act, event or default from which the designated period of time begins to run shall not be included. The last day of the period so computed shall be included, unless it is a Saturday, a Sunday, or a legal holiday, in which event the period runs until the end of the next day which is not a Saturday, a Sunday, or a legal holiday.
- Notwithstanding any provisions of this Section the applicant may apply to the Registrar in writing to withdraw a license application. The withdrawal of a license application shall result in the forfeiture of the application processing fee, but all other license fees shall be returned to the applicant.
click menu tab again to hide menu
AZ.GOV - Arizona's